Bad and Great Times

Okay, so if I've ever thought I'd hated being cold, then now I KNOW FOR SURE. Y'all. Sigh. I had the pleasure of experiencing Taiwan's coldest winter in over 60 years! Normally, temperatures go down to 10 degreees celcius in winter here, but we had it down to 5 degrees where I live, which is Kaohsiung. And you wanna know the best part? I DON'T HAVE A HEATER IN MY ROOM! To some people who are used to winter weather, bare with me. I am from an island in the Caribbean, which does not experience winter. Sooo clearly I'm not built for this.

Let me tell you, I had on three layers of everything, and two blankets, ALL DAY ERRDAY. On the coldest weekend, I only left my room once, and I had to cause I was running out of food. And as soon as I stepped outside, I could no longer feel my lips. Swear to God. But it has gotten a lot better now, since I'm currently wearing a spaghetti strap vest lol.

Since we're on the topic of bad experiences... Y'all... I felt the worse earthquake that I've ever felt. It occured around 4am on the 10th of February, 2016. I was just browsing youtube, as one does at 4am, and suddenly felt some weird movement! I jumped off my bed and ran to my doorframe, shouting to my roommate to wake up and she did lol. I think she was confused as to what was going on. But I was so scared cause of the length of the earthquake.

Needless to say, I did not sleep that night until about 7am when the sun came out lol. I was scurrrd! Later that day, I found out that the most damage of this earthquake occurred in Tainan, a city not too far from where I live. Oh, and it's magnitude was 6.4!



Anyways, on a lighter, more positive note, a few of my friends and I decided to visit Chencing lake, one of the attractions in Taiwan. You can find out about it here. It's basically a lake surrounded be beautiful forestry and is very scenic. There is also an aquarium and lots of places to have picnics. A perfect outing on a warm day. While there, I noticed there were a lot of families and small children, which is always great fun. Love the family-ness here! (Yes I just said that). Here are some pics I took with my phone (zenfone selfie). 

Entrance to Chencing Lake











Oh, one more thing! I celebrated my 23rd birthday on Jan 15th!! My first in Taiwan! There was a small party for myself and one of my friends, who's also a Jan born :) Thankful for the Love ♥!




Comments

Popular Posts