No Posts in 2018?! Where Have I Been?

Well well well lol. I knew I said I wouldn't be regular on the blog, but a year (and a few months, but who's counting right?)?? I could hardly believe that a year has gone by, as in ALL of 2018 with no posting.
However, it's never too late for an update, as these posts have become life updates anyway lol.

Oh boy, where do I start?

Well I turned 25 on January 15th 2018, and celebrated with dinner (indian food. yumm) and bowling with my friends, which I enjoyed! Nothing too big and flashy.

The year went on with me wanting some sort of change, just for the hell of it, or so I told everyone. I think tied in there was the feeling of letting go of my past. The person who was, before my new found sense of confidence, and of my past relationship and dumb decisions I made after that ended lol (yeah, I'm not so perfect, surprise surprise). So...in February 4th 2018 I cut my hair. The plan was a tapered cut, but it came out more of a "shaved sides" cut instead lol. (Didn't go to a professional barber)


Soon after this, my friends and I went on a two week trip that we'd been planning for several months, to Vietnam, Thailand, and Cambodia. It was quite an eye opener, as I learned about the Vietnam war, swam the sea in Phuket (Thailand), and visited museums and landmarks in Cambodia. Just seeing the various cultures within such a short space of time was truly something special. I highly recommend travelling (anywhere that is safe) to everyone. The world is much more than our home towns.

Fast forward to when we came back from our trip, I decided to push the limit a little more with my haircut, and asked my friend to buzz cut the sides real low this time, and I braided the top. I must say, when the water from the shower hits a bald head, it feels GOOD lol. I may buzz cut my head some time in the future again.



The second semester of my third year of med school came and went, and my friends went home for summer. So I pretty much had the summer to myself.no roommate, nada. The most memorable part of that summer was me re watching (aka binge watching) "Friends" on Netflix from season 1 to 10. Man, I love that show even more now!!

Thennnnn I became a FINAL year med student in August, just like that. Year 4 means the last year of med school, then back to St. Lucia after I graduate. Oh, I should say, by this point I am still single (idk maybe someone is wondering by now?) This first semester went by kind of slow, not gonna lie lol, and it sucks that I didn't get to do as much hands on practice as I wanted to, for example stitching wounds, putting in IV... But it is what it is I guess. As for social life, my friends and I still went out every now and then, clubbing, roadtripping to waterfalls, bbqs. So i'd say I have a fair balance of school and social life.
            



Life was going on, everything was happening in my day to day...Then came one of the biggest plot twists of life so far lol. So there's this guy (you know when a story start's this way it's GOT to be good lol)...anyway, yeah, a fellow St. Lucian guy added me on facebook, which is no strange thing, as he's also in Taiwan studying. But we'd never had any contact before. We'd been in the same place/event three times and never crossed paths or interacted with each other at this point. I'd been seeing his comments on some posts and found that he was quite funny. Also, his posts were generally positive and uplifting. So one random day (November 7th, yes I know the date as I may or may not have screenshot it) I saw his facebook bubble showed him as online and decided to say hello, which is NOT like me at all. And from that day we have never gone a day without speaking.

This was the first time in a long time I connected with someone so quickly and genuinely, and with me having my guard down pretty quickly too. Within a couple of weeks, texting became talking on video chat, and jokes became serious and deep conversations. He'd become part of my day and I soon began to look forward to messages from him. That's when I knew I'd started to like him, and I didn't want to stop it from happening. I also had a feeling he was starting to like me too. Within a month of knowing each other, we decided to meet for the first time. I think meeting and talking in person solidified what we both already knew. A few days later it became official.


First time meeting intentionally, December 2018 -- Kaohsiung, Taiwan




(Random insert --> I turned 26 in January of 2019)

Telling this story still sounds surreal to me, as I still feel awe whenever I think about it. I knew it was possible for people to connect quickly, but never thought in a lifetime that it would happen this way for me! Mainly because my guard was up for over a year, and I was already prepared and content for the possibility of being single for the next few years, especially given my chosen career path of being a doctor.



But life (God, the Universe, whatever you want to call it) had other plans I guess! I'm so happy I chose to say hello that day. Never would I have known that it would lead to a new love with a genuine, kind, compassionate, consistent, considerate man. I am happy. I was happy before, which is even better because he adds to the happiness I already began to cultivate in myself.

So here I am, in May of 2019, my final semester of medical school ahead in a couple of weeks, a wonderful partner in my life, and I am just living my best life right now.

Thank you for reading this long ass post if you made it this far lol, and I hope my next post isn't in 2020!

Comments

Popular Posts