Self Discipline, Game of Thrones, and I can't Drive

11:30 pm and here I am, awake, desperately trying to find a link to watch Game of thrones on the slowest internet planet earth has ever seen. Why do I torment myself like this?

The original plan was to go to bed at 10, wake up at 3am, get some studies in, and feel accomplished like a good ole slave to the system. See I have this exam Wednesday, and one on Thursday too, so I need to get crackalackin with the estudies. But nooo, I choose to stay up, write a blog, and think about the better choices I should be making. Ugh.

At least I got some studying done over the weekend, kindof, So I feel less guilty for not sleeping the time I planned to. Man, is this what my life is? Sad really.

In other news, I was invited to go take a drive with my friend D on Saturday afternoon, to go collect something from his uncle. Now this place was about half an hour away from where I live currently. Being the introvert that I am, my brain screamed at me to say no, and stay cozy in bed to surf the internet all evening long, but I had one of these moments, you know, when you just tell yourself "what the hell" and go with the flow. So I went, and the drive on the way was SO calming. The scenery of the grass and trees and meadows. I felt like I was in the country side in Ireland, although I have no idea what that's like. ( if I had a fancy camera i'd have taken some pics).

I forgot what it was like to take a load off and just, be.

This, of course led me to thinking that I AM TWENTY ONE YEARS OLD AND I CANNOT DRIVE TO SAVE MY LIFE (or anyone else's for that matter). WTF is that? My dad drives taxi for a living and I cannot drive a car. wow. Let's pause for a moment here, *slow claps for Sharna everyone!

How awesome would it be to just get up one day and feel like hey, I wanna go to the beach today, and just GO TO THE GODDAMED BEACH?! Omg mental orgasm right now (slight exaggeration but who cares). But HA! I don't think i'll be getting my license anytime soon, because guess what? I'm not in my home country (or can you do that?), I'll be working in said not home country, and after that I might be going to med school half way across the planet, so yeah, fat chance.

I guess we'll put this one on my bucket list? MUST LEARN TO DRIVE.

Sigh, well i'm off to sleep now, 2 hours off schedule, but who's counting, right? Goodnight (to the 2 or 3 people who actually read this) and have a good one!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts