Finals are OVER & I Want to be FIT!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS LORD the semester is over!!!! Sorry for all the ratchetness but I think many of you feel the same way, about this time of year! Omg, this was the longest semester of LIFE! But I can now focus on myself, and getting my body back in order!

For some odd reason, when it comes to my fitness, and healthy lifestyle in general, it has always been a yoyo effect. One week i'm all healthy, hot and sweating while working out, and then next thing i know, I slowly reduce working out from 4 days, to 3, 2, then just quit altogether.

The thing is, I do NOT have a legit excuse as to why I do this to myself. I could easily work out instead of watching that youtube video (or 10, don't judge me), or that movie, but I don't. I could even make a schedule for peets sake. WHY DO I DO THIS?? 

I have never been obese, or overweight. When I was (God, i'm using past tense already) a teenager in high school, I was always skinny, until I started puberty, which was when "dem curves" came into light, but I was still at a good weight (for me). After graduating high school in 2009, I took a gap year before starting Uni. That year I took of, I gained about 5 - 7 pounds, I'm not sure how much exactly. 

Now, this may not sound like a lot of weight to put on, but for me, I can tell (and it shows too) when I've put on even as little as 3 pounds. So, going into Uni I was about 130 lbs and I was not comfortable at that weight. Why? Because I don't gain weight in a "flattering" way. It goes to my stomach, thighs, and my face, making it look round and puffy. And, to top it off, I felt like i had to "suck in" my stomach constantly, and nobody loves doing that! 

So, I took action, and lost 4 pounds by going to the gym regularly, and eating smaller portion sizes, while eating a little more fruit and veggies, and drinking ALOT of water. This change was the best I've ever felt (physically) in a long time! I was no longer sucking in my stomach (yes, even with a 4 lb difference), and i was feeling more energized and lighter!! This lasted for one semester, yall. ONE bloody semester. And that was 2 years ago (damn, time really flies).

Saying all of this, I want to get back to this state of mind and habit of being healthy and FIT. I keep starting and stipping, and I do not know why. You know what? I want firm thighs, firmer bootay (yes, hunty), tight stomach, toned arms, and I just want to look my best!
This summer I will be challenging myself to be more disciplined, and to go after what I want, NO EXCUSES. Writing this blog will hopefully keep me accountable for my actions. I will be posting progress pics, hopefully the camera quality doesn't suck balls (excuse my french). Oh and I have a friend who's also making healthy changes, so that will also motivate me! Yay for fitness!!!! 

Back in October 2011, obviously I failed to suck in my tummy! (I'm in blue btw if u didn't notice). (And my lovely LOVELY friend, who's also on a healthy change)


At a pageant in May 2012 - The semester where I was dedicated to fitness (see a flatter tummy?)


One of those yoyo days, where I was working out again -- this was in 2013.


So, here goes nothing! Pray for me guys, that i stick to this and not overthink it or get in my own way. I believe I can, so I WILL!! I am making this a lifetime thing, and not a summer thing! Be motivated, and love life. Until the next post :) ♥



Comments

Popular Posts